Open Water Diver
Get Certified! Take a Scuba Lesson with the PADI Open Water Diver Course
Get your PADI Open Water Diver certification. If you’ve always wanted to learn how to scuba dive, discover new adventures or simply see the wondrous world beneath the waves, this is where it starts.
The PADI Open Water Diver course is the world’s most popular scuba course, and has introduced millions of people to the adventurous diving lifestyle.
What You Learn
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development (online, Open Water Diver Touch or from printed manual ) to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills
- Open Water Dives to review your skills and explore!
If you’ve tried diving through a Discover Scuba Diving experience with us, the skills you learned during that program will be credited towards a portion of the full PADI Open Water Diver course certification.
To enroll in the PADI Open Diver course or Junior Open Water Diver course, you must
- Be 10 years or older (PADI eLearning requires an extra registration step for students under 13 years due to international internet laws)
- Be medically fit
The Fun Part
The fun part about this course is . . . well, just about all of it because learning to dive is incredible. You breathe underwater for the first time (something you’ll never forget) and learn what you need to know to become a certified diver. During the course, you’ll make at least five confined water sessions on three dives and four dives at local open water dive sites under the supervision of your PADI Instructor.
The Scuba Gear You Use
- In the PADI Open Water Diver course, you learn to use basic scuba gear including a dive computer, and standard accessories. The equipment you wear varies somewhat, depending upon whether you’re diving with us in spring or late autumn as water temperature changes from cold to warm water depending on season.
Your Next Adventure
You may want to step up to Adventures in Diving program and get taste of Specialty Diver courses.